WHIRLPOOL OF INDIA LAUNCHES ITS FESTIVAL PROMOTION
Targets 15% growth this festive season
New Delhi, September 26, 2013: Whirlpool of India, a subsidiary of the Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s # 1 manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, today announced its launch of an innovative range of products across categories (Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Air Conditioners, Microwave Oven) and unveiled an exciting Diwali promotional offer “Whirlpool Makes You Look Good” across India.
Celebrating the enthusiasm of ‘Diwali’ festival, this year’s promotion is in line with the brand’s proposition to help homemaker create magic every time she brings a Whirlpool product home. Commencing today, the company plans to offer an assured gift this festive season. On purchase of any Whirlpool Appliance, a consumer is eligible for a Revlon gift hamper worth Rs 1080/-. In addition, the consumer will also be entitled to a scratch card through which a Philips Hair Dryer worth Rs 725/- or an Arrow gift hamper worth Rs 2880/- can be won.
According to Mr. Shantanu Das Gupta, Vice President – Corporate Affairs & Strategy, Whirlpool of India, “We are extremely delighted to bring “Whirlpool Makes You Look Good” consumer offer this Diwali. Our new range of products are specially designed to give our consumers best-in-class products and the gifts we are offering are premium , from reputed brands, and very fashionable chosen to make you look good! We are aiming for a growth of ~15% and sales turnover of Rs 850 Cr during this period, and are confident of getting there.”
Known for its strength in innovation, Whirlpool of India unveiled its new range of products which includes ‘French Door Bottom Mount refrigerator’, a high capacity ultra modern refrigerator. It has added products in the Cooking category with the launch of its premium Gusto GT 290 Convection Microwave Oven from Europe as well as a popular range of ovens in attractive designs with pre-programmed recipes in pocket friendly prices.
In Air Conditioners, Fantasia is the latest range of Split Air Conditioners with Whirlpool’s 6th Sense Inverter Technology can dynamically adjust the cooling of the AC accurately ensuring that you never feel too hot or too cold.
The company has also introduced new products in the fully automatic front loading and top loading washing machines.
The Diwali promotion will be supported by a multi-media campaign including above-the-line advertising and a host of below the line activities. The total advertising and marketing spend earmarked for the Diwali promotion this year is ~ Rs. 20 crores.
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of $18+B in 2010, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Additional information about the company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com
DETAILS OF NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
FRENCH DOOR BOTTOM MOUNT REFRIGERATOR
- DC Inverter Compressor
- Highly Moisture- Retention Technology ( 1st in Industry)
- Dual cycle and Dual air- cooled refrigeration system
- Independent controlled variable temperature room: Special design in refrigerator compartment is the independent controlled variable temperature room which can achieve three adjustment options from 0 degree C to 5 degree C
Whirlpool ‘FDBM’refrigeratoris available in the capacity of 530L (net), priced Rs. 1, 50,000
AGITRONIC WASHING MACHINE
- 6th Sense Power Wash: 6th Sense in Agitronic range uses 7 factor sensing to give you a hassle free prefect wash
- New Powerful Design
- Agitronic motion: wash system that provides the best cloth rollover, giving you the most uniform cleaning through a dynamic scrubbing action.
- Water Re-use: This feature ensures that after rinsing the clothes water is not drained off, but your clothes remain submerged in the water. Because of this your clothes do not get wrinkled and are easy to iron. Also you can use the same water for the next wash.
- Drawer shaped dispenser.
Whirlpool ‘Agitronic’ is available in the capacity of 6.5 kg and 7.2 kg, priced between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 22,000.
GUSTO GT 290 MICROWAVE OVEN
- New European convection microwave with Mirror Chrome finish and Jewel dial.
- Best in Class cooking performance with Whirlpool functions like: 6th Sense Crisp, True Oven Mode, Forced air, Jet defrost.
- In-built Steam function.
- Easy to use User Interface.
- Modern design that will fit perfectly in every kitchen.
Whirlpool ‘Gusto GT 290’ is priced Rs. 15,490.
MAGICOOK MICROWAVE OVENS
- Best microwave for fast and cool Gen Y youngsters
- Auto cook menu: 100 + Auto Cook menu(highest) in the entry level segment at its price point.
- Stylish Handle, easy to use touch membrane.
- Available in solo, grill and convection range.
- 10 Power Levels.
Whirlpool ‘Magicook’ is available in the capacity of 20-30L, priced between Rs. 5,500 to Rs. 11,800.
FANTASIA (SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS)
- Inverter Technology: Fast, powerful and efficient, Whirlpool’s futuristic 6th Sense Inverter Technology with BLDC. Variable Speed compressor can dynamically adjust the cooling capacity of the AC based on your ends. It can provide up to 20% extra cooling capacity initially for rapid cooling and then optimize for energy efficiency once the room is cooled sufficiently.
- Active Cooling: Whirlpool’s 6th Sense Inverter Technology with Variable Speed compressor that can dynamically adjust the cooling capacity of the AC accurately based on your needs to +_0.5 degree C ensuring that you never feel too hot or too cold.
- 3D Cool Technology: Unique 3-Way Air intake system called 3-D Cool Technology that draws in more hot air than an ordinary AC while saving up to 40% more energy combined with R410a refrigerant which is an environmentally friendly refrigerant that does not contain ozone depleting elements.
- Energy Saving: Extremely accurate control of the compressor by the 6th Sense Inverter saves up to 40% more energy, compared to ordinary Acs.
Whirlpool ‘Fantasia’ is available in 1.5 Ton, and priced at Rs. 58,000.